This was a lovely game with amazing art, voice and music. Terrific to see it on itch.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Bastion is an action role-playing experience that redefines storytelling in games, with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock the New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
Note: We're donating 20% of every purchase on itch.io to 826 Valencia whose mission is to help Bay Area kids learn writing skills by creating books, magazines, and newspapers, and providing literary-themed field trips and in-school programs.
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- Hours of reactive narration delivers a deep story
- Stunning hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Controls custom-tailored to PC plus gamepad support
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' and 'Score Attack' modes unlocked after finishing the story
- 'No-Sweat Mode' lets players of any skill level enjoy the story
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Jul 20, 2011|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Role Playing|
|Tags||2D, Colorful, Hand-drawn, Music, Narrative, Short, Singleplayer|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Latin America, French, Italian, Chinese (Simplified)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Soundtrack, Discord, Steam, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.49 USD. You will get access to the following files: